From Monday 8th to Sunday 14th October, London Cocktail Week returns to the capital for seven days of drink-fuelled debauchery. This year the LCW hub will be based in the Seven Dials area of Covent Garden but there will be tastings, masterclasses, parties and more at bars all over London. You can pop into the Ketel One hub at 15 Shorts Gardens to pick up your wristband, get drink-making tips from the experts, and plan your cocktail adventures with the LCW team.
The £4 wristband entitles you to exclusive £4 cocktails at some of London’s finest bars, including newcomers like Dabbous, Dach & Sons, and The Lucky Pig. On our handy Google map, we’ve plotted each bar with their address and the spirit they will be using in their LCW cocktail. If you need restaurant recs along the way, you can ask us on twitter (@londoneating).
View London Cocktail Week 2012 in a larger map
The LCW events are guaranteed to sell out so sign up fast. Here are a handful of our ‘top picks’:
• The Bourbon Empire – A pop up bar on Tavistock Street hosted by Buffalo Trace. Free entry to bourbon tastings and masterclasses plus £4 cocktails for wristband-wearers.
• Mini Ginstitute – Create your own bespoke gin with gin instructor Jake F Burger. (£45)
• Old Fashioned Night - Bar Nightjar have teamed up with Woodford Reserve to bring a taste of the Deep South to Old Street. Old Fashioned cocktails will be sold at reduced prices all night and from around 9.30pm there will be a 4-piece bluegrass band. (Free)
• Smatt’s Rum & Ice-Cream Shack – A pop-up rum and ice-cream cocktail bar on Monmouth Street. Free rum tastings, masterclasses and live blues throughout the week.
• Talisker, Stout & Oyster pairing at Worship Street Whistling Shop. (£12)
Don’t forget, wristband-wearers can jump aboard the London Cocktail Week Routemaster for free rides to Shoreditch and Notting Hill and back again. The bus leaves Centre Point at 7pm and 9pm each day and there will be Lovoka vodka liqueur cocktails available on board.